Summary: The purpose of this essay is to expose, in significant detail:
(1) The racist double-standard that virtually the entire U.S. mainstream media (MSM) has applied to Sen. Obama and his campaign
(2) The terrible consequences that it may lead to if --- as a result of Americans being exposed to the vital facts concerning him, which the MSM has thus far withheld or obfuscated --- he loses the election.
You may already be familiar with some of this essay's content. Some, however, may be new --- such as the fact that via his own statements and actions, Sen. Obama:
(1) Would be rejected if he attempted to enlist at even the lowest level of the U.S. military, which he claims to be best qualified to lead (see Item 2)
(2) Profoundly misunderstands --- or deliberately misrepresents --- the laws that govern our military (see Item 6)
(3) Has been endorsed by the world's most vicious terrorist groups and barbarians (see Item 5)
Also, see the long list of update items at the end of this essay for more information. If you have items you'd like to submit for consideration in these updates, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe this essay has merit, please forward the link to it along to anyone whom you believe is still open to confronting the facts concerning Sen. Obama, the MSM, and the 2008 presidential campaign in general.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. famously said that one of his dreams for America was a day when we judge others “by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.” This noble principle is one that rational, freedom-loving people everywhere – not just in America – should advocate, defend and practice on a daily basis.
Since Sen. Barack Obama first announced his campaign for the presidency*, however, there has been one profoundly influential American institution that has consistently betrayed this principle, and continues to do so to this very day. And in doing so, this institution may well have set back Dr. King’s dream, and race relations in America, for at least another generation.
(*after saying, merely 143 working-days in the Senate earlier, that he was not and will not be quaified to run for president in 2008)
The institution to which I refer is America’s mainstream news media (MSM). And although the MSM’s leftist biases, prejudices and underhanded activities regarding volatile public affairs is certainly not new, its betrayal of objectivity regarding Sen. Obama’s candidacy may well lead to tragic results, if he doesn’t win.
Were the MSM responsible in its coverage of our presidential candidates, it would establish, articulate and rigorously enforce one, consistent, inviolable standard: to present relevant facts concerning each candidate, in context, with similar prominence, and without even a hint of favoritism – regardless of the candidate’s skin color (or gender, or race). It would prohibit any kind of “cheerleading” for any candidate – as well as any underhanded effort to smear his or her reputation.
As one of America’s first minority presidential candidates, the MSM owed all of our citizens – and Sen. Obama himself – one thing: to treat him according to the same standard it applied to his rivals.
Of course, editorials and commentaries are an entirely different issue. It is certainly valuable to our civic process to have a variety of opinions presented, by people who actually know something about candidates, and the issues at hand. For especially controversial issues, a responsible MSM would ensure that they are covered fairly, in context, and with plenty of verifiable background data. To this end, the MSM would also ensure that its newsrooms and commentators represent a diverse range of viewpoints and cultural backgrounds.
Given this idealized standard, to which every MSM organization claims it aspires, consider the following – all of which was known early in Sen. Obama’s candidacy, or could have been easily determined, with a minimal amount of research:
ITEM (1): Imagine if it were discovered that a nondescript freshman Senator, running for President, was on record as saying he/she is “friends” with a domestic terrorist – say, an abortion clinic bomber.
Further, let’s say the terrorist was totally unrepentant, having repeatedly said in public that:
(a) He is not sorry for the bombings he perpetrated.
(b) He wishes he could have perpetrated more bombings.
(c) He can’t guarantee he won’t bomb anything in the future.
Imagine if --- especially in a post-9/11 America --- knowing all this, the candidate made the decision to work with this unrepentant terrorist on numerous America-subverting "educational" efforts, and appeared with him at private and public events.
Any honest political observer knows that this candidate’s presidential run would be over within hours, due to pressure from his fellow Senators, round-the-clock coverage and investigations by the MSM, and the resulting outrage from millions of concerned citizens.
Yet in Sen. Obama’s case, the MSM steadfastly refused to cover, in any detail, his shocking affiliation (in his terms, “friendly” relations) with William Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn – who, as part of the domestic terror group “The Weathermen,” took part in a dozen bombings of U.S. targets, including the Pentagon, the U.S. State Department, and the headquarters of the New York City Police Department. Their relationship, according to Sen. Obama's own account, began in 1995 --- long after Ayers admitted to having perpetrated these bombings, and being a communist.
In fact, in a 9/11/01 story in the New York Times (which pictured him standing atop an American flag), Ayers said, “I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough.” Ayers continued: “America is not a just and fair and decent place." To those who claim that America is a great country, Ayers said, "it makes me want to puke." As to whether or not he'd bomb anything in the future, Ayers replied that he doesn't want to "discount the possibility." Five days later, in another Times interview with him, Ayers admits that he said, “Kill all the rich people. ... Bring the revolution home. Kill your parents.”
Keep in mind that this all occurred years before Obama publicly acknowledged that he and Ayers are “friends,” and long prior to the announcement of his candidacy.
It was only when pressure from conservative talk shows and blogs became so overwhelming that the MSM was finally shamed into asking Sen. Obama about his affiliation with Ayers and Dohrn. Then, as if it was as irrelevant as accidentally stepping into a mud puddle, the MSM let it drop entirely – and, along with Sen. Obama’s surrogates, decried anyone who insisted that this fact alone should disqualify him from the presidency as either a racist, or part of a “vast right-wing conspiracy.”
You can learn much more about Ayers, Dohrn, the Weathermen, and Obama's relationship with them here, here, here, here, here and elsewhere on the Web.
MUST-SEE: The hour-long documentary "Obama's Friends," a Hannity's America special, here.
Soon thereafter, it was discovered that the group that Ayers hired Obama to run --- the Chicago Annenberg Challenge --- is geared towards indoctrinating children in revolutionary socialist ideology, disguised as "education reform." In fact, Ayers expressed his great admiration for the efforts of socialist dictator Hugo Chavez (who endorsed Obama; see Item 5) to do the same --- again, under the auspices of "education reform." Read it all here.
Yet the MSM just picked up on the Obama campaign's talking points, and has continuously dismissed Ayers as merely a "radical" from the 1960s, who is now an "education reformer."
Finally, before we depart this topic, though, let's get clear definitions for the terms the MSM and the Obama campaign have been using, to obfuscate this relationship --- and thsoe it has have refused to use. From Merriam-Webster:
"Radical" --- 1: of, relating to, or proceeding from a root: as a (1): of or growing from the root of a plant <radical tubers> (2): growing from the base of a stem, from a rootlike stem, or from a stem that does not rise above the ground <radical leaves> b: of, relating to, or constituting a linguistic root c: of or relating to a mathematical root d: designed to remove the root of a disease or all diseased and potentially diseased tissue <radical surgery> <radical mastectomy> 2: of or relating to the origin : fundamental 3 a: marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional : extreme b: tending or disposed to make extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions c: of, relating to, or constituting a political group associated with views, practices, and policies of extreme change d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a political state of affairs.
"Reformer" ---1: One that works for or urges reform 2 capitalized : a leader of the Protestant Reformation 3: an apparatus for cracking oils or gases to form specialized products
"Terrorist" --- The systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion ("Terror" --- violent or destructive acts [as bombing] committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands)
To the MSM, however, it is all just "business as usual," as applied to its "coverage" of Obama's campaign.
UPDATES: Some recent examples of how the MSM has been papering over, deflecting or denying the relevance of the Obama-Ayers connection, and their shared, subversive beliefs:
- National Review: Stanley Kurtz's blockbuster expose' on the NY Times' whitewashing of Obama's relationship with Ayers. (MSM: "Yawn...")
- GatewayPundit: Obama claims his "work" with William Ayers qualified him to run for U.S. Senate. (MSM: "Yawn...")
- American Thinker: Four members of Weathermen terrorist group now doing "grassroots support" for Obama; the organization's claimed intent is to institute a "people's war" within America to overturn freedom, institute "world communism." (MSM: "Yawn...")
- HotAir: AP continues to deflect criticism of Obama's affiliations with Ayers (and Tony Rezko, and Revs. Wright and Pfleger etc.; see Item 3); it claims that exposing such relationships is "racist." LGF: AP modifies story to downplay "racist" allegation. LGF: AP then makes its shilling for Obama far worse, claiming that Obama is innocent because he was only 8 years old when Ayers was bombing U.S. targets.
- HotAir: Deep analysis (including video) of the lies and obfuscations of Obama and his chief strategist, David Axelrod, over allegations that Obama knew William Ayers far better, and for far longer, than he has admitted. (MSM: "Yawn...")
- RNC: Deep chronology of the Obama-Ayers relationship. (Hint to RNC: Provide links!)
- Sweetness & Light: Videos of Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn speaking at 2007 reunion of Students for Demcratic Society (SDS), a Marxist front group; special emphasis on their claim of what is needed for Amercia: to destroy economic freedom (capitalism), free enterprise, etc. (MSM: "Yawn...")
- USAToday continues to echo, verbatim, the Obama campaign's dismissive spin of his long-term relationship with William Ayers; the entire discussion is limited to the following: "McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, again sought to link Obama to 1960s radical William Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground group accused of several bombings. Ayers once hosted a 1995 reception for Obama and served with him on two boards. Obama, who was a child at the time of the bombings, has denounced the group's violence and radical views. He has described Ayers as a 'guy who lives in my neighborhood' in Chicago."
- HotAir: >>>> A "pigs flying moment" --- CNN admits that Obama has been lying about his relationship with Ayers. (Two years late, but still... credit where credit's due) <<<<<
- Moonbattery: More on the real, incredibly sordid story of Ayers, Dohrn and Obama, that the MSM absolutely refuses to cover --- yet which it would be relentlessly all over, were Obama any other candidate.
- AmericanThinker: Deep analysis on why Obama's Marxist beliefs cause the MSM to go "yawn..."
- Investor's Business Daily: The real, subversive, communist-driven agenda of the Obama campaign, and Ayers's influence on it --- which the MSM refuses to relay to the American people.
- American Thinker: More accounting of Ayers' communist beliefs, his efforts to indoctrinate schoolchildren in them, and more --- which makes Obama's decision to work with him at the Annenberg Challenge even more of a ripe target for inquiry. (MSM, Bob Schieffer at final debate: "Yawn...")
- HotAir: The blatant lies that Obama told in the final debate, regarding his relationship with Ayers. (MSM: "Yawn...")
- VerumSerum/LGF: What a shocker --- turns out Obama and Ayers ("just a guy who lives in my neighborhood") shared an office for 3 YEARS.... (MSM: "Yawn...")...
...yet what's the critical story that the NY Times is focused on today (Oct. 18)? Rehashed allegations against Cindy McCain regarding prescription drugs (oops --- guess they forgot about Obama's proclamation, that "families are off-limits").
- Wall St. Journal/Moonbattery: The real, freedom-subverting, socialist consequences we can look forward to with Obama in the White House and a Democratic majority/supermajority in Congress; note how the MSM hasn't asked either Obama or Congressional leaders about any of this, most notably not in the debates.
ITEM (2): Imagine if it were discovered that, based on his willful affiliation with this domestic terrorist, our nondescript candidate would be ineligible to enlist at even the lowest level of America’s armed forces – the very military that he claims he is best qualified to lead, as Commander-In-Chief.
Section 7(D) of Department of Defense’s enlistment form states:
“Moral standards of acceptability for service are designed to disqualify the following kinds of persons:.. (T)hose who have exhibited antisocial behavior or other traits of character that would render them unfit to associate with military personnel.”
If being “friends” with an unrepentant domestic terrorist does not meet this standard of disqualification for service – even as an E-1 (the lowest level of enlistee) – what would? Melanie Phillips exposes many more of Sen. Obama's willful relationships with America-subverting individuals and entities throughout his career, here.
With hundreds of millions of dollars in resources and research staffs, why did not even one MSM organization disclose this obvious fact – or at a minimum, interview senior officials of our armed forces, to determine whether the Department of Defense would accept any other individual with such self-admitted associations?
MUST-SEE: The hour-long documentary "Obama's Friends," a Hannity's America special, here.
ITEM (3): Imagine if it were discovered that a nondescript freshman Senator, running for President, had for twenty years attended sermons by a pastor who espouses a racially-divisive, hate-filled, America-bashing, conspiracy-laden, terrorist-endorsing theology.
Imagine if, in his first sermon given after the 9/11 attacks, this pastor hysterically assigned the blame squarely on America --- and not on the Islamist barbarians who admitted perpetrating them.
And imagine if this candidate denied --- with a straight face --- ever having heard this pastor make any of these statements.
As in the earlier cases cited herein, this Senator’s candidacy would have been over in a matter of hours(*).
Yet for the entire first year of Sen. Obama’s candidacy, the MSM wouldn’t come near the story of Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s incendiary, otherworldly, hate-filled rants, or of Obama’s 20-year record of attending his sermons.
Instead of giving the Obama-Wright story the persistent front-line coverage it would have in the case of any other presidential candidate, the MSM – acting as a shill for the Obama campaign – pooh-poohed it, and disregarded this example of colossally poor judgment as a story that is only of interest to the “right-wing” blogosphere (and of course, “racists”).
It wasn’t until early in 2008 – a full year into Sen. Obama’s campaign – that the MSM finally began to cover this story, due to the percolating pressure from conservative talk shows (primarily Sean Hannity’s) and blogs. Once Americans were introduced to Rev. Wright and his insane statements (which live in infamy on YouTube), however, many were rightfully shocked, and appalled – and did not believe Obama’s repeated claims that he hadn’t heard any such sermons in his 20 years of attending Wright’s church.
(*This is not to say that white religious figures in America haven’t given incendiary, fire-and-brimstone sermons; they have. Some of them, as in the case of Reverends Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, assigned at least part of the blame for the 9/11 attacks on America’s tolerance of homosexuality, etc. Most Americans are equally outraged at these incalculably stupid, incendiary statements. But in those cases, none of the other candidates for President, on either side of the political aisle, are members of those churches, and several vehemently condemned such statements.)
Here are some more of the troubling facts concerning Obama's relationships with Rev. Wright, Rev. Pfleger and other America-hating religious figures:
- Sen. Obama played a key role in directing hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to support Rev. Pfleger ("America is the greatest sin against God"), and an estimated $15 million in taxpayer dollars to support Rev. Wright, and their seething anti-American "educational" programs. And yet, we haven't heard a peep from the MSM about any of this --- and won't, at least until after the election.
- While Sen. Obama was a member in good standing, Rev. Wright's Trinity United Church published the Hamas* manifesto in its newsletter, which compares its calls to kill Jews to America's Declaration of Independence. (*one of the world's most notorious terrorist groups, a not-distant sibling of al Qaeda) But of course, Obama claims he knows absolutely nothing of this --- and the MSM never asked him about it.
ITEM (4): Imagine if it were discovered that a nondescript freshman Senator, running for President, had supported a policy on abortion that is so stomach-churningly reprehensible, even the most ardent pro-life and pro-choice legislators were aligned in opposing it. And imagine if, after having been discovered, the candidate and his campaign repeatedly lied about his position on it, and his rationale.
As in the earlier cases cited herein, this Senator’s candidacy would have been over in a matter of hours(*).
In 2001, while acting an Illinois state legislator, Sen. Obama refused to help pass a bill that would have outlawed hospitals’ practice of refusing to provide any care for newborns who somehow survive abortion procedures, and were born alive – thus letting them die a slow, painful death.
This practice is considered so barbaric that even most pro-choice advocates are against it, as was evidenced soon thereafter, when the U.S. Senate, including its most ardent left-wing abortion supporters, voted unanimously to support an identical prohibition. (See Jill Stanek's terrific site, which covers all this in detail, here; more here)
The facts concerning the “Born Alive Infant Protection Act” were well-known in the Illinois media for years. Yet it took until the summer of 2008 before the MSM finally began to reluctantly address Sen. Obama’s steadfast refusal to support this legislation. Once again, the MSM’s hand was all but forced, due to the facts uncovered and disseminated by conservative talk shows and blogs.
Then, when Sen. Obama and his campaign issued a series of vehement obfuscations and denials of the facts concerning this legislation and his stance on it, the MSM once again pooh-poohed it, refusing to do any substantive, sustained digging to get to the verifiable truth, let alone present it to the American people. And thus, like his Ayers and Wright associations, the MSM let it fade away – whereas any honest political observer knows that had this been any other candidate, it would have hounded him (or her) 24/7 until he (or she) withdrew from the race.
More evidence of Obama's continued lies regarding the BAIPA, at the final presidential debate, here and here.
ITEM (5): Imagine if it were discovered that a nondescript freshman Senator, running for President, had received enthusiastic endorsements from some of the world’s most fervent and potent terrorists, terrorist groups, and supporters of terrorism, aggression and barbarity.
What would be the MSM's reaction? It would hound this nondescript Senator 24/7 to ask what it is about him, his beliefs and policy proposals that would cause such an outpouring of support from those who are demonstrably hostile to America.
What would be the reaction of ordinary Americans? They would rightfully demand that the candidate answer these same questions - and if he doesn't, that the "news media" do its job and get this information from him.
The fact is that Sen. Obama --- who says he is the best candidate to protect America, be Commander-In-Chief of our military, and lead the global war on terror --- has received enthusiastic endorsements from:
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- Saudi Arabia (via one of its official newspapers)
- Kim Jong-Il (more here)
- Hugo Chavez
- Fidel Castro (After the final presidential debate on Oct. 15, Castro endorsed Obama --- for a second time --- here)
Yet instead of asking Obama any questions about all this, the MSM has let out one, giant, collective "Yawn...", and acted as if none of this matters, or should matter, mirroring the dismissive stance of his campaign. And as a result, most Americans are absolutely clueless about these endorsements, because the MSM has uniformly and collectively failed to disclose these facts.
Further, given that communism is responsible for the deaths of at least 100 million people in the 20th century, it is also troubling that the Communist Party USA, the Democratic Socialists Of America, and other groups that are dedicated to undermining, and ultimately overturning the U.S. Constitution, are openly supporting Obama (including on his own website; more here). In fact, the NY regional director of CPUSA now claims that it feels more confidence in the prospect of transforming a free America into one enslaved by Marxism-Leninism than at any time since Ronald Reagan's presidency.
More on the communist roots of Obama's views and strategies, here.
Here are some more of the troubling facts concerning Obama's statements regarding, and support from terrorist groups, barbarians and those who are hellbent on subverting America, and liberty in general:
- Sen. Obama stated that Iran, despite being recognized as the #1 global supporter of terror, and for having murdered U.S. soldiers and civilians, “doesn’t pose a serious threat” to the U.S. --- yet then claimed, a few hours later, that "Iran poses a grave threat" to the U.S.
- Sen. Obama said that he would meet with Iranian madman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad without preconditions --- then lied about his having said it, as did his running mate, Sen. Biden. UPDATE 1: Iran has said it will not meet with an American president without strict preconditions. UPDATE 2: Obama campaign says he will not meet with non-leftist Jewish groups, even with preconditions.
- Sen. Obama has said that Hamas and Hezbollah, two of the world's most notorious terrorist groups, which have murdered U.S. soldiers and civilians, and have been supported by Iran for decades, have “legitimate claims" and grievances.
- Sen. Obama’s campaign has received tens of thousands of dollars in illegal donations from individuals in the Hamas-ruled Palestinian territories (who are also engaged in Internet and phone-bank advocacy for him).
- Sen. Obama has had deep ties to, and support from Khalid al-Mansour, a Saudi billionaire, racist, and anti-Jew, anti-Christian zealot. (Here, here, here, here) UPDATE: Big expose' on this unreported relationship, here.
- In 2006, while on a taxpayer-funded trip, Sen. Obama spoke out in Kenya on behalf of an Islamist theocrat who used barbaric violence to forcibly replace that nation’s freedom of religion with an oppressive, sharia-based body of laws (8 minute video documentary here).
ITEM 6: Imagine if it were discovered that a nondescript freshman Senator, running for President, with a background in Constitutional law, espoused in a national forum a profoundly incorrect understanding of the powers of the President, versus Congress, to issue orders to the U.S. military.
During a July 18, 2007 interview with Matt Lauer on NBC’s “Today Show,” Sen. Obama – a Constitutional law professor and lecturer – claimed that if Congress disagrees with orders that the President, acting in his role as Commander-In-Chief, gives to the U.S. military, it is Congress’s lawful duty and obligation to countermand those orders.
Were this a question on the hit TV show, “Are You Smarter Than A Fifth-Grader?,” Sen. Obama would be proven wrong by any pre-pubescent able to pass a test of basic Constitutional law. (See Article II, Section 2, and Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution.)
The fact is that there is only ONE entity that is empowered by the Constitution to issue orders to the U.S. military - and that is the President, acting in his role as Commander-In-Chief. The U.S. Congress has NO power whatsoever to issue ANY orders to even an E-1, the lowest level enlistee. Congress has NO power to countermand ANY order that the President issues. The ONLY powers that Congress has regarding the military are: (1) To declare war, (2) To fund, and to cut off funding for military ventures, and (3) To ratify treaties.
Yet Matt Lauer – with all his “education,” and all of NBC’s executives, producers and research resources behind him – didn’t utter a peep to correct Sen. Obama, or ask how he could possibly be a Constitutional law professor, while getting something so basic about that document so profoundly wrong.
Compare this to the MSM's incessant "gotcha!" treatment of Sarah Palin, and its investigations into every nuance of her gubernatorial and mayoral history, political views and knowledge of our laws.
UPDATE: Further indication of Obama's unawareness (or betrayal) of the Constitutional provisions regarding the U.S. military:
- Obama said that as president, he would create "a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded (as the U.S. military)," and that "people of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve." (Video here.) MSM: "Yawn...."
These are but six examples of the lengths to which the MSM has betrayed not only its obligation to present Americans with the vital facts we need to make informed decisions on the candidates – but to treat minorities with fairness, according to the same standard that it applies to all other candidates.
And in each of these examples, the MSM – rather than admitting that it had dropped the ball, and promising it would not do so again – sat silent while throngs of leftist activists, and even Sen. Obama himself, attributed the outrage expressed by citizens at their latent discovery of his actual background and affiliations, to his critics’ supposed "racism" and "intolerance." It is now "racist" to point out that a candidate who professes to be most qualified to be president, and fight and win the war against Islamist terror, is himself affiliated with an unrepentant terrorist, whom he calls a "friend"?
How many more troubling aspects of Sen. Obama’s statements, affiliations and beliefs are going to come out in the waning days of this campaign season, because, as in earlier cases, the MSM won’t be able to hold back the discoveries of citizen-journalists anymore?
Who knows – but here are a few, which have already been confirmed, or for which a significant amount of substantive indications already exist:
- The fact that Sen. Obama has advocated for a huge, new, permanent tax on all the American people, to fund a program supposedly aimed at reducing global poverty, to be administered by the notoriously-corrupt United Nations (thus usurping our sovereignty, and placing the U.N. in the role of tax collector); more here.
- The fact that with increasing frequency, children are being indoctrinated to pledge allegiance to Sen. Obama, eerily reminiscent of practices conducted in fascist and communist regimes. (Here, here, here, here, here).
MORE: Public school suspends a student for wearing an anti-Obama T-shirt --- but another public school refuses to intervene when a student wearing a pro-McCain T-shirt is called a "fascist" and a "racist" by her classmates.
- The fact that during the Democratic primaries, Obama won the nomination largely via his buying of "superdelegates" for cash --- or via implicit threats against them from (unregulated) leftist 527 activist groups, here.
- The fact that Michelle Obama made a blatantly fascist statement about an Obama presidency; she said that as president, "(He) will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism... that you put down your divisions... that you push yourselves to be better... (he) will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."
- The fact that the Obama campaign attempted to institute a program in Missouri in which law enforcement officials would be empowered to criminally prosecute anyone who uttered "lies" about him or his campaign. (Here; Imagine if the Bush or McCain campaign had attempted this; the MSM, Democrats and leftists would be climbing the walls, tearing their hair out, screaming "fascism!")
- The fact that numerous lawsuits have been filed regarding allegations that Obama is not qualified to be president, because he does not meet the Constitutional requirement for a candidate's citizenship, here.
What will happen if (or more likely, when) the MSM’s Herculean efforts to hold back from the public awareness an accurate depiction of these issues, is finally overwhelmed by the pressure from conservative talk radio and bloggers? (Detailed report on the MSM's bias, specifically concerning Obama, here)
What happens when the MSM's polls --- which supposedly show Obama enjoying a "huge lead" --- are revealed as having been deliberately skewed to produce this result? (Research here, here, here, here)
What will happen if a last-minute, citizen-driven explosion of relevant facts concerning Sen. Obama results in his losing the election?
Any honest political observer knows full well that America’s notorious race-baiters (Revs. Wright, Jackson, Sharpton, et al), and members of the MSM will hysterically claim that the only reason Sen. Obama lost is because of racism. And the MSM – having played right into their hands – will be able to do nothing to stop the civil unrest that will have been fomented by these demagogues.
How many people will be injured or murdered, how much property will be destroyed, how much racial tension will result from the race-baiters’ rants, whcih the MSM refuses to call them on? And how much racial divisiveness will be fomented, thanks in large part to the MSM’s willingness to refer only to these race-baiters for commentary --- while refusing to include prominent conservative/libertarian African-American figures, such as Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Star Parker, Herman Cain, Deroy Murdock, J.C. Watts, Michael Steele, or Ken Blackwell in widely-viewed public discussions?
We won't be able to say that we haven't been warned. The following is but a brief listing of the threats and predictions of racial violence if Obama loses the election:
- "If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war, fueled by a deflated and depressed country, soaring crime, homelessness - and hopelessness!" - Fatimah Ali, Philadelphia Daily Star (here)
- "If Obama goes in this race with a 5-point lead and losing this election, the consequences are -- bull, man. I mean I don't think that's going to happen, but I think David it's a point to bring up. But you stop and contemplate this country if Obama goes in and he has a consistent five point lead and loses the election, it would be very, very, very dramatic out there." (James Carville, CNN "360," here)
- "Yes, race will still be a factor, but if race was removed.... OK, seriously, what do we want now, riots if Obama loses?" (Jack Cafferty, CNN, here)
- A collection of leftist allegations of racism, from an article by Dennis Prager, here:
- Andrew Sullivan of The Atlantic: "White racism means that Obama needs more than a small but clear lead to win."
- Jack Cafferty of CNN: "The polls remain close. Doesn't make sense ... unless it's race."
- Jacob Weisberg of Newsweek and Slate: "The reason Obama isn't ahead right now is ... the color of his skin. ... If Obama loses, our children will grow up thinking of equal opportunity as a myth."
- Nicholas D. Kristof of New York Times: "Religious prejudice (against Obama) is becoming a proxy for racial prejudice."
- Gerald W. McEntee, president of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, in a speech to union workers: "Are you going to give up your house and your job and your children's futures because he's black?"
- Deep analysis here of Obama's --- and the MSM's --- use of racial politics, appeals to white guilt, and obfuscation in order to deflect legitimate criticism, and opposition to him, his beliefs and policy proposals.
The bottom line is this: All freedom-loving Americans should celebrate the fact that for the first time, a non-white citizen has risen to be the nominee for President from one of our two major political parties. The 2008 Presidential election will be looked back upon as yet another milestone in America’s Herculean efforts to overcome the racism it inherited from the Old World. The Obama candidacy has shattered the last limit on minorities to rise to the top of our civic structure.
Instead of a celebration, however, the MSM has turned the 2008 election into what may well be looked back upon as a re-stoking of false charges of racism in America, which will play right into the hands of those who profit from it, either financially or politically.
In the ultimate irony, it will have been the MSM’s racism – yes, racism – that will have been the biggest (external) factor that will lead to Sen. Obama’s defeat. Before going any further into this seemingly shocking allegation, let’s look at how the word “racism” is defined. According to Merriam-Webster, "racism" is:
“A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race; racial prejudice or discrimination.”
MSM representatives may say that their profession is not racist; that if certain (many) members among their ranks were going easier on Sen. Obama than they were on others, it was a sort of “affirmative action” program – to give an African-American candidate a bit of an easier time to get ahead, given the disadvantages that blacks and other minorities have been suffering, as a result of institutional racism in America. On the surface, and in a private-enterprise context, this would seem to be a noble endeavor.
But return once again to the definition of racism. It is, in summary, treating people differently because of the color of their skin. And in the context of the Obama candidacy, it meant, to the MSM, protecting him from the critical analysis and exposure that would have ended his candidacy early on – just as it would have for any other candidate with his associations, beliefs, judgments and character deficiencies.
Instead of paying the ultimate tribute to him – that of applying the exact same standard of inquiry and examination that it does to all other candidates – the MSM created an entirely new, far lower standard, just for Sen. Obama. And that, in a nutshell – along with the fact that the truth about his background, etc. gradually became known, via the “alternative media” – is what created the vacuum that gave conservative talk radio and blogs their relevance to this issue; they were doing the job that the MSM refused to do, in terms of “vetting” Sen. Obama.
Thanks to the blogosphere and alternative media, this reality of who Sen. Obama is, what he believes, the positions he’s taken, and indicates he’ll take for the future, will most likely get out, probably right before the election. And when it does, if it turns the election to Sen. McCain, the dynamic that the MSM will have created is going to cause a civic explosion.
The character of each individual American --- and the principled, patriotic voices and influence of our civic, cultural and faith-based institutions --- are the only things that will keep this explosion from igniting domestic violence.It is up to each of us to accept what’s been done to our civic process by the MSM – and, in advance of future election cycles, demand that it begin acting with the fairness, responsibility and integrity that Dr. King so eloquently articulated more than 40 years ago.
To do anything less will condemn America to an even more prolonged resurgence of racial divisions than what the MSM will have caused, in the aftermath of this election.
Publications and syndicators – contact email@example.com
UPDATES --- Examples of the MSM's spin to protect Obama, or its ignoring of facts and stories that it would relentlessly pursue, if he were any other candidate:
Sweetness & Light: (1) Obama claims he never worked with ACORN, the endemically-corrupt* "community activist" organization; (2) Obama is revealed to have deep working ties with ACORN, which was instrumental in his elections. (*More here)
LGF (Globallor): Surprise - William Ayers appointed Obama to head his (Ayers's) $50 million "educational" (anti-American indoctrination) project in Chicago, despite the fact that he (Obama) has no experience whatsoever in running... anything.
(Ed.: Obama - Ayers is "just a guy who lives in my neighborhood." Right. MSM: "Yawn...")
NYPost: John Fund exposes the latest round of radical leftist efforts at voter and election fraud. (MSM: "Yawn...")
AtlasShrugs2000: CNN reports that RNC has filed charges with FEC against Obama campaign for illegal contributions, but downplays its significance, and refuses (thus far) to credit AtlasShrugs blog for its relentless sleuthing on this matter, or its uncovering of the fact that contributions have come from the Gaza Strip.
NY Times: Deep analysis of McCain's supposed "lies" and "misrepresentations" in NM speech; no analysis whatsoever of the innumerable lies that Obama and Biden have told during this campaign season and to the present day; more here, here, here, here, here.
LGF (CityJournal): Expose' - (Bill Ayers and) "The Weathermen Tried To Kill My Family." (MSM: "Yawn...")
HotAir: Rep. Barney Frank now alleges that criticism of the Community Reinvestment Act (which is at the heart of the Freddie Mac - Fannie Mae meltdown) is inherently racist. (MSM: "Yawn...")
American Thinker: An analysis of Gwen Ifill's bias in questions at the VP debate, to advance the Obama-Biden ticket. (MSM: "Yawn...")
Sweetness & Light: Deep expose' on how the AP continues to get its talking points from the most radical leftist blogsites, and tailors the spin of its stories to protect Obama; read it all here.
SPECIAL: Thanks to tipster "TK," this: "Samantha Powers is one of Barack Obama's closest advisers. She worked in his US Senate office (only 14 people shared this role). She tells people she communicates with Obama a few times a day. She was forced to resign from the campaign advisory team after she called Hillary Clinton a "horror." But here she is on tape calling Israel a state like others which commit genocide (e.g Rwanda), and and recommending the use of international forces to take over the West Bank. Oh, she also wants all foreign aid to Israel ended, and instead sent to the Palestinians. Powers is telling people she will have an important role in an Obama administration (UN Ambassador?), which the Obama campaign team has not denied. All of you who received the video email with all the nice prominent Jewish people saying how much Obama loves the Jews and Israel, should view this. Ms Powers is not just some distant associate or advisor to Obama , but close to the real power. She will have Obama's ear if he wins, as seems more likely at this point." See the video here.
AmericanThinker: 10:30 video profiles the case of Berg v. Obama; is Obama a natural-born U.S. citizen (a requirement to be president) --- and if so, why won't he provide the proof? (MSM: "Yawn...")
HotAir: Black CNN reporter to black McCain supporter: "How come you're not supporting Obama?"
NY Post/Stanley Kurtz: Huge expose' on Obama-linked ACORN's activities leading to mortgage meltdown, its pattern of corruption, and its history of subverting elections. (MSM: "Yawn...")
FoxNews/HotAir: Obama finally admits his socialist redistributionist scheme (cultivated through his decades of study at the feet of, and alliances with socialists, communists and anarchists --- which the MSM has either ignored or pooh-poohed): "I think that when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.” The logical questions that a rational, freedom-loving media would ask --- but which will not be asked by the current cardre of Obama-protectors posing as "journalists": "To whose 'wealth' are you referring? To whom will you 'spread it'? And what specific passage(s) in the U.S. Constitution authorize(s) you to take wealth from any individual or group, and give it to any other individual or group?"
Cleveland Leader/LGF: Expose' on Obama's lies concerning his relationship with ACORN. (MSM: "Yawn...")
American Thinker: Obama's lies about his religious background are chronicled in detail. (MSM: "Yawn...")
NewsBusters: All 3 news networks refused to cover breaking story about millions of dollars from Sen. Biden's campaign being funneled to members of his family. MORE: Taxpayer-funded PBS continues to assemble panels of "analysts" that are anything but "balanced;" not a single genuine conservative/libertarian among them; here.
HotAir: The U.S. Secret Service lays waste to the MSM's endlessly-repeated claim, fed to them by the Obama campaign, regarding shouts of "kill him!" being yelled in reference to Sen. Obama at McCain/Palin rallies. (MSM: "Yawn...")
SavagePolitics: ShallowHal documents 67 Obama lies, with extensive sources.
TheObamaFile: LOTS of great research that tells the real story about Obama, what he believes, who he's associated himself with, his voting history, etc.
Sweetness & Light: The real story behind ACORN and its communist beliefs --- yes, that same organization that Obama has repeatedly denied (falsely) that he's deeply affiliated with. (MSM: "Yawn...")
Moonbattery/MarketWatch: Gun rights lobbyist reveals Obama's deep opposition to Americans' Second Amendment rights; MSM: "Yawn...", won't ask him about this --- but is devoting endless resources to investigating menstrual cycle of Sarah Palin's daughter, and now, "Joe The Plumber."
Patterico: MSM breathlessly reports (and re-reports, and re-re-reports) "Joe The Plumber's" tax liens --- but has zero interest in reporting the fact that Obama's campaign treasurer also faces tax liens; reported excuse for this omission? "Yawn..."
SisterToldjah: MSM breathlessly reports (and re-reports, and re-re-reports) every allegation of a McCain or Palin gaffe; refuses to report on Joe Biden's claim that "JOBS" is a three-letter word.
Moonbattery: MSM refuses to report on Obama supporters' thuggery regarding their efforts to harm "Joe The Plumber," for his courage to call their Messiah what he is: a socialist.
American Thinker: Once again, the NY Times shills for Obama, this time by taking ACORN's word that it's not doing anything wrong. Funny how the NYT wouldn't accept this standard when it insinuated that McCain was having an affair with a lobbyist, when there was no evidence whatsoever to suggest it... but here, with a mountain of evidence against ACORN, growing every hour, the NYT sees none of it.
AceOfSpades/Oleg Atbashian: Male Obama supporter rips McCain sign out of woman's hands, beats her face with stick --- MSM: "Yawn..."; Made-up stories, echoed by Obama, about shouts of "Kill him!" at McCain rallies (which the Secret Service denies having happened) --- MSM breathlessly repeats the allegation, without acknowledging it is false. And the band played on...
Sweetness & Light: News networks now warning about short election night, due to likely Obama landslide ---- more than two weeks before election.
NH Union-Leader/Drudge: Obama campaign cancels its scheduled singing of national anthem, recitation of Pledge of Allegiance at rally; MSM: "Yawn..."
American Thinker: Another shocker --- Obama blatantly lied in the final presidential debate about the extent of his relationship with the endemically-corrupt ACORN; MSM: "Yawn..."
Zombie/HotAir: Photos of Obama's endorsement of Ayers' book (wait, we thought Ayers was "just a guy who lives in my neighborhood"? After all, the MSM's only had two years to drag its feet on vetting Obama...). MSM: "Yawn..."
American Thinker: Analysis of the thugocracy attacking "Joe The Plumber;" in less than a week, the MSM (in conjunction with the Obama campaign) has dug up more information (dirt) on "Joe" than it has regarding Obama, over the two years of his campaign.
InstaPundit: Mark Halperin (ABC News, Time) admits the blatant double-standard the MSM is applying re Obama's huge fundraising, vs. what it would do if Obama were being outspent 3- or 4-to-1, as McCain currently is.
While the MSM is knee-deep in trolling FaceBook for dirt on Cindy McCain... and the prospect of John McCain's melanoma returning... vital facts concerning Obama's and the Democrats' lies, and the actual, anti-Constitutional policies they'll pursue if they regain their power, go almost entirely unreported:
- Obama's actual, anti-Constitutional stance on the Second Amendment (vs. what he and the MSM have told us about his views on the matter)
- 4.2% of all new mortgages will be legally forced to go to anti-American groups ACORN and La Raza
- The hypocrisy of Michelle Obama, after claiming we'll all have to give up something so our neighbors will be better off --- while she orders a "snack" fit for a king, for nearly $500 (Imagine if this were Cindy McCain... the MSM would be tearing their hair out, hounding both McCains on his inability to relate to the plight of "regular Joes" in this economy).
From American Thinker:
- "The Buying Of The Presidency"
- "Stealing The Presidency: An Obama/ACORN Primer"
- The Democrats' thirst to reinstate speech controls via the "Fairness Doctrine," if they retain/grow their legal power
- Update on Obama's refusal to meet with non-leftist Jewish groups, to discuss his dangerous doublespeak re Israel (again, imagine if this were the McCain campaign... the MSM would be having conniptions)
NRO's Stanley Kurtz/LGF: More analysis of Obama's real history with socialists, the New Party, and ACORN; MSM totally ignoring. Orson Scott Card/LGF: A Democrat blasts the MSM for its colossal irresponsibility in regards to covering the core issues of this election, protecting Democrats, villifying McCain and Republicans without merit.
BLOCKBUSTER EXAMPLE OF THE MSM'S SHILLING FOR OBAMA CAMPAIGN:
Biden said today that within first six months of Obama's presidency, he will face an international crisis... that some rogue nation will try to test this inexperienced president... yada, yada, yada... essentially an inadvertent endorsement of John McCain (and echoing Biden's criticism of Obama 8 weeks ago, in the DNC primaries... that Obama doesn't have the experience to be president). Yet what comprises the CNN web page tonight? See for yourself (click to enlarge):
Aside from the "love-in" for Obama, there is absolutely nothing about Biden's blockbuster statement anywhere on the page... zero. So if this wasn't "newsworthy," what did CNN decide merited top-line coverage? Take a look at the top-line links they chose to feature --- and ask yourself, which of these stories in any way relates to America's future, national security, and the core issues of this election?
Former child actor found guilty in yacht killings
Nevada boy's abduction brings 2nd arrest
Ticker: Obama, Clinton meet on the trail
Justices turn down appeal in 'Alpha Dog' case
Five million-dollar mistakes by movie stars
Hurt climber drank urine, ate bugs to live
Fire trucks collide on tape, one rolls
Ex-girlfriend's brain links her to murder
CNN Hero of the Year: Vote now
Also --- note that CNN makes no mention of the fact that contrary to the myth being pushed of an insurmountable Obama lead in the polls, he has been steadily losing ground in the last week, and has now lost the lead in two crucial swing states, FL and OH. "The most trusted news organization..." indeed.
Center for Media and Public Affairs/NewsBusters: Surprise --- nonpartisan study reveals that by almost 2-1 margin, MSM has been providing more favorable coverage of Obama's campaign than McCain's.
Sweetness & Light: USA Today whipping up false accounts of dramatic rise in traffic to white supremacist websites; implied accusation: if Obama loses, it will be due to racism.
Hot Air: More MSM manipulation to subvert Sarah Palin. MORE: Even Dan Rather now agrees that the MSM is protecting Obama (Ed.: Keep a close eye for four horsemen riding across the sky...)
Kansas City Star/Drudge: Now, referring to Obama's socialist ideas as "socialist" is... racist.
National Review: Pete Hegseth exposes the reality of rogue nations' intent to "test" what they see as a spineless Obama, should he win (and which the MSM has continued to refuse to discuss). MORE: Peter Ferrara exposes the reality of Obama's tax proposals --- and why they will stunt growth, prolong the recession, and provide welfare for more than a third of US workers who don't pay income taxes. (MSM: "Yawn...")
***BLOCKBUSTER*** revelations regarding the MSM's manipulation of poll numbers --- and its motivation for doing so (to simulatenously give the false impression that Obama has an insurmountable lead, and depress McCain voter turnout):
1) IBD: The most accurate polling firm from 2004 (TIPP) shows that Obama's lead over McCain is 1.1% - not the 10-15% that the MSM is reporting (generating)
2) NewsMax: Kellyanne Conway, one of the few pollsters who accurately predicted the outcome of the 2004 election, explains what the MSM is doing, and why --- and the consequences it may lead to.
3) HotAir: Rush Limbaugh and Ed Morrisey further explain this subversive MSM phenomenon.
American Thinker: William Ayers, Obama's "friend," colleague, political supporter and recipient of Obama-directed funds planned to murder 25 million "die-hard capitalists" in America whom he anticipated would reject his "re-education" doctrine, to accept a communist revolution in the U.S. --- according to testimony by FBI agent who infiltrated The Weathermen. (Ed.: The countdown starts now until Obama says, "Gee, that's not the Ayers I thought I knew" [and worked with, and funneled money to, and received money from, and started my political career in his living room, and blurbed his book, and...]). MSM: "Yawn..."
MORE: 3,000+ American "educators" sign petition in opposition of the "unfair villification" of their fellow "educator," William Ayers, here. What a wonder it is that so many of our children grow up to unknowingly accept communist doctrine, and blindly support Obama and his like-minded cronies.
HotAir: While the MSM obsesses over the RNC spending $150,000 on clothes, etc., to whisk Sarah Palin out of Alaska to begin a nonstop speaking tour of the U.S. when she was named VP candidate, it is ignoring the $5.5 million that Obama spent on the "Barackopolis," to make his acceptance speech, when the DNC convention hall was already paid for. How many poor children could have been fed with that money? How much would life have changed for Obama's half-brother in Kenya, if he'd have given even 1/10 of 1% of that money to him? More here.
CNSNews: While heading the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, Obama directed at least $800,000 between 1998-2002 to the former chairman of U.S. Communist Party, and partner of Ayers --- for their "educational" project. More here, on the true intent of Ayers's "educational" project --- a communist revolution in the U.S. MSM: "Yawn..." (Ed.: And yet, if it were discovered that John McCain or Sarah Palin had directed funds to, say, an "educational" project run by a current or former abortion clinic bomber, or a group of self-admitted fascists, who were pushing for a "revolution" in the U.S., it would be front-page, above-the-fold news, day in and day out...) MORE: Ayers confirms, on video, that Obama knew exactly who he was, and what he was after, here.
Moonbattery: Obama, on video, explains why salvation on Earth requires taking money from white people and giving it to black people. (Ed.: Yet the MSM has, for two years, promoted Obama as our "post-racial" candidate/messiah.)
Sweetness & Light: CNN deliberately misrepresents Sarah Palin's statements in order to obfuscate the irrefutable truthfulness of her actual words, re her having more executive experience than Obama.
TownHall/Amanda Carpenter: MSNBC "partners" with endemically-corrupt, communism-driven, Obama-linked ACORN, and radical leftist-racist Hispanic group La Raza ("The Race"), for its election night "coverage" --- yet the network continues to proclaim that it is "not biased" in any way.
LGF: More on the rampant, false push by the MSM to depict racism in America.
UK Spectator: Melanie Phillips asks, "Is America Really Going To Do This?" --- elect the most dangerously unqualified, jihadist-appeasing (and -endorsed), liberty-subverting candidate as President? (MSM: "Yawn..." over the deadly-serious allegations she makes - and backs up)
LGF: ***BREAKTHROUGH*** ABC reporter Michael Malone finally blows his gasket over the obscenely biased MSM "coverage" of Obama, its protection/deification of him, willingness to act as his attack dogs against McCain-Palin (Ed.: Scanning the skies now for four horsemen... and urging Mr. Malone to ensure he has adequate protection, for really speaking truth to power...)
Rasmussen (HotAir): 25% of liberals surveyed have favorable view of unrepentant domestic terrorist and self-admitted communist William Ayers (MSM: "Yawn...")
HotAir: How did Obama campaign, its MSM surrogates and various leftist nutjobs get a hold of information on "Joe The Plumber" that is held only in government computer systems? (MSM: "Yawn... but ooohhhhh, what's the latest dirt on Bristol Palin's menstrual cycles?")
GatewayPundit/LGF: ***BLOCKBUSTER*** LA Times refuses to release video in its possession of Obama, Ayers and Dohrn at a party for radical Islamist, former member of PLO terrorist organization, Rashid Khalidi, that it reported on earlier this year. MSM: "Yawn... say, how much did the RNC pay for Sarah Palin's hairstyling in the last 36 hours? That's what is really important for the American people to know, to cast an informed vote..."
AtlasShrugs: Barney Frank echoes Obama's call to gut military spending; "We don't need these fancy new weapons." (MSM: "Yawn...") (Ed.: Gee, might this have anything to do with the endorsements Obama has received from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jong-Il, Hamas and others? Is that why they are laughing their asses off that we're on the cusp of electing this guy?)
Orlando Sentinel/Drudge: Obama cuts off TV station that gave tough Biden interview from any further access to campaign. See the video here. (MSM: "Yawn... hey, what's that new spot on McCain's right pinky? We need to deploy our resources to get to the bottom of that... oh, wait; it's only ketchup...")
AtlasShrugs: ***BLOCKBUSTER*** Obama campaign continues to knowingly accept fraudulent donations. More here. (MSM: "Yawn... hey, what's the latest on Bristol Palin's pregnancy? Any truth to the rumor that she actually ate a McChicken sandwich on Thursday at 2:14pm?")
Publications and syndicators – contact firstname.lastname@example.org