Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Glitterati's Unmade Pledge Of Servitude To The Obamassiah

.
As Andrew Breitbart featured yesterday on his kicker new site, Big Hollywood, a veritable cornucopia of Tinseltown's most notable moonbats made numerous patriotic "pledges" to President Obamassiah in a heart-tugging new video:

Breitbart astutely pointed out that this very same moonbat brigade spent the last eight years bashing America, our armed forces and their leadership, apologizing to "the world" for our actions, and spouting unremitting hatred of the other half of the electorate that supported President Bush (whether enthusiastically, or by default).

He concluded by stating what many of us feel at this moment: No, we aren't going to forget what they've done, despite their "kumbaya" moment - specifically:

"Remember this video: It is a instructive relic of the era of celebrity decadence and boutique anti-Republican activism under President Bush. It is a sickening display that they want fast and easy absolution for having comported themselves like ill-behaved children for eight difficult and war-torn years.

"Good luck, President Obama. The rest of you can go to hell."

Yet amidst the Glitterati's newfound patriotism, one pledge to President Obamassiah was missing --- their willingness to do their part to combat that which they claim is one of America's great sins: "greed."

If they were serious about making America a better place, noted patriots and intellectual giants such as Cameron Diaz, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher would have made the following pledge:

"I pledge to stop being unfair to those who make so much less than me.

"Given the grave economic distress that has gripped America, I pledge to You, President Obama(ssiah), that from this point on, I will not charge more than 50 times what the lowest-paid entertainment industry worker is paid.

"I've learned that the janitors at the studios I work with make an average of $12 per hour. So from this point forward, I pledge to not charge more than $600 per hour.

"For instance, if I'm hired to act in a movie that lasts ten weeks, and I work an average of 10 hours a day, six days a week, for ten weeks (600 hours total), I would earn a total of $360,000.


"There isn't a person alive who can't live very, very well on 360 g's a year* --- myself included (*and that's only doing one picture a year - with the other 42 weeks off!!!).


"From this point forward, I pledge that the days of me charging $5 million, $10 million or more for ten weeks' work are over (as are any "points" I used to negotiate on the back end), so I can do my part to make America a fairer, more equitable place in which to live.
But if the studios insist on paying me more, I hereby pledge to donate every excess penny to the IRS, to help pay down our national debt --- or to redistribute to the toiling, exploited masses, as You, in all Your wisdom, see fit.

"I also pledge to fire my accountants and tax attorneys, and to no longer seek to maximize my deductions, or park my millions in low-tax offshore havens. I further pledge to sell off my mansions and vacation homes, my exotic sports cars and private jet, and to begin living a more modest, non-greedy lifestyle.

"This is my pledge to You, President Obama(ssiah). Your humble and obedient servant, and fellow patriot, (insert name here)."

Imagine what a different America we'd be living in if Tinseltown's most notable moonbats actually made and honored that pledge.

They won't, however --- because as Breitbart also noted, while President Bush and our armed forces were fighting a two-front war over the last seven years, which liberated 50 million souls, took down two of the most vicious terror-supporting and -perpetrating regimes, and protected us from every planned jihadist terror attack during that period:
"...only a precious few (Thank you, dearly!!!) stepped up to support the American troops who have been valiantly fighting for Hollywood’s right to do lines off of each others’ buttocks at $10 million Hollywood Hills mansions."
The next time you blow $80 bringing your family to see the latest formulaic schlock by Hollywood's most esteemed, newly-minted "patriots," think of all the millions (billions?) of dollars that they're "unfairly" depriving America of, due to their "greed" (and hypocrisy).


UPDATE:

From CNSNews: Obama reminds celebrities of key biblical figures (hat tip: HotAir)


Original materials are © Copyright 2009 by Expedio, and Expedio5x5.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.
Publications and syndicators – contact expedio5x5@gmail.com.

.

No comments: